Wed. Nov 14th, 2018

McVay says no change in Donald contract talks

Although there's been cautious optimism that the Los Angeles Rams and standout defensive lineman Aaron Donald will reach a new deal shortly, head coach Sean McVay rejected that notion Monday.

McVay said Saturday that there had been "increased dialogue" between both parties but rejected the notion that there's been any progress Monday.

"I've seen a lot of reports out there, but that’s news to us," McVay said Monday via Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio. "So, no news on that front for us. Same thing as just the dialogue, but as far as anything that’s changed, it hasn't changed."

Donald is the reigning Defensive Player of the Year, and there is growing concern that he will miss the regular season if a new contract isn't reached.

The 27-year-old star is currently owed $6.89 million in base salary for the 2018 season, the final year on his contract.

NFL News feeds through usmatchtv.com in Collaboration with Partner THESCORE.COM You may check this website for additional information on articles.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.